*NEW THIS YEAR*
Abstracts will be available on-line only. To access the abstracts please visit: 2022 AMP Abstracts in The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics. A PDF of the abstracts can be downloaded and printed.
ePosters will be available on the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo mobile app under ePosters.
How to cite abstracts:
To cite the Abstracts published to the online abstracts, please use the following format:
Akgun Y, Solem E, Le L. Rare KIAA1109 Compound Heterozygous Truncating Variants Resulting in Alkuraya-Kucinskas Syndrome. Association for Molecular Pathology 2022 Annual Meeting Abstracts. J Mol Diagn 2022, 24:S1 Abstract G001
Please email AMPEducation@amp.org if you have any questions regarding the new abstract/poster changes for the 2022 AMP Annual Meeting & Expo.
All accepted abstracts (unless withdrawn by the official withdraw date) for the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo are embargoed until the first day of poster presentations at the Annual Meeting. The embargo means that the information contained in the abstract cannot be presented or published on any national or international forum (online or print) other than The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics (JMD) prior to the first day of poster presentations at the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo.
POSTER FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
Each accepted abstract will be required to present a Printed Poster and upload an ePoster. Please see below for format requirements and general information.
Required Elements of the poster are as follows:
- Introduction: a brief discussion of the background or rationale of the study and/or the question addressed
- Materials and Methods: the experimental approach, materials, and methods used in the study
- Results: the data and results obtained in the study
- Conclusions: the conclusions and/or implications of the results
Including the Abstract is optional unless the scientific content has been altered since its submission. If substantive changes to the data and/or conclusions have been made since the abstract was submitted, the following must accompany the poster presentation:
- A clear notice in the poster content stating that the abstract has been revised since submission, and
- The revised abstract must either be printed on the poster itself or posted as a separate document on the poster board.
Printed Poster Format
Poster Size Requirement: All posters must be no larger 4 ft (122 cm) high x 6 ft (1.8 meters) wide. AMP reserves the right to remove posters that exceed the size requirement.
ePoster Size Requirement: The ePoster should fit on to one (1) page in a PDF file. AMP reserves the right to remove ePosters that exceed the size requirement.
- For publishing purposes, the poster upload must be a PDF file at highest resolution possible.
- All Posters should be in LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) should ideally be set to 16:9. This is now the default aspect ratio in the newer versions of PowerPoint. If you’re using PowerPoint 2010 or older, you will have to change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. (Design tab -> Page Setup -> “Slides sized for:” -> Choose “On-screen Show (16:9)”)
- The complete poster is limited to one slide only. That means one single page for your PDF file.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.)
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt
- Do not use flash animation with your slide
- ePoster upload instructions and deadlines will be outlined in acceptance notifications.
GENERAL POSTER INFORMATION
Poster Tube Storage: Bins for poster tubes will be available throughout the poster sections. Poster Tube Storage will NOT be staffed and is not secured. If you would like to leave your poster tube, please clearly mark it with your name and place it in one of the bins. AMP is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged poster tubes.
G = Genetics
H = Hematopathology
ID = Infectious Diseases
I = Informatics
S = Solid Tumors
TT = Technical Topics
O = Other
- Poster List (sequential listing by poster number in each category)
- Exhibit Hall Map of where to post your poster (poster numbering details will be available on-site)
- Author Index (alphabetical by last name of authors) in the Mobile App
- Author Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Abstracts are printed in the November 2022 issue of The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics (available online). Note that the research presented as posters at the AMP Annual Meeting from the abstracts published in the November issue of JMD is embargoed until the first day of poster presentations at the Annual Meeting.
- The First Author is the Presenting Author.
- The Presenting Author is expected to register for the Annual Meeting and present the poster at the assigned time period (see below) to discuss the study and answer questions.
- The First Author will also present their work as an ePoster (PDF file) on the AMP Mobile App platform. They should follow the poster guidelines shown on this website.
- Failure to defend one's findings by not attending the poster during the assigned time period is a violation of the AMP Scientific Integrity Policy and may result in forfeiture of future abstract submission privileges.
- If the Presenting Author is unable to attend the Annual Meeting to present the poster, every effort should be made to arrange for one of the other authors to present the poster. AMP Education (AMPEducation@amp.org) must be notified if the poster will be presented by another author and provide that author’s information.
- Poster Tube Storage: Bins for poster tubes will be available throughout the poster sections. Poster Tube Storage will NOT be staffed and is not secured. If you would like to leave your poster tube, please clearly mark it with your name and place it in one of the bins. AMP is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged poster tubes.
POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
- All posters are on display in the Phoenix Convention Center.
- Poster set-up is Thursday, November 3rd, 6:30am - 8:00am. All posters must remain on display through 1:30pm, Saturday, November 5th.
- All First/Presenting Authors, including Award Applicants, must attend their posters either Friday morning (even-numbered posters) or Saturday morning (odd-numbered posters):
- Even-numbered posters must be attended on Friday, November 4th, 9:15am -10:15am.
- Odd-numbered posters will be attended on Saturday, November 5th, 9:15am -10:15am.
- Authors who have more than one even- or odd-numbered poster may either ask another author to attend their additional poster or attend it themselves during the other session. In the latter case, the author should place a note on the poster board alerting attendees that they will attend the poster in the alternate session.
- Poster removal is Saturday, November 5th, 1:30pm-2:00pm. Posters must remain in place until 1:30pm. Posters remaining past 2:00pm will be removed and discarded.
- Please note that poster-viewing is not eligible for Continuing Education credit.
Award Applicant (Young Investigator and Technologist Poster Award) Information (in addition to general requirements listed above)
- All Award Applicant posters display in Poster Number order in the areas of their subject category. They are identified as Award Applicant posters by a card mounted on the poster board.
- All Award Applicants must attend their posters on Thursday, November 3rd, 3:00pm – 4:30pm for interviews with members of the poster reviewing committees.